Rave Reviews


  • "I cannot tell you what a difference your class has made this semester for [my daughter]. She came downstairs the other day and said, 'I'm so sad that Mr. O'Brien's class is over.'  This semester I watched some of your classes with [my daughter] because she'd say, 'Mom, you're going to love this!  Pull up a chair!' You are an outstanding teacher ... We are so grateful for your impact on my daughter's life," 



  • "We love Mr. O'Brien!! Our daughter is really enjoying his class this semester. Thank you so much!" 


  • You are so very real and down to earth, so spontaneous. I know you are a sinner like the rest of us, but you're not afraid to just be who you are. You are alive and that's what your students love. Of course you can throw in a great sense of humor and intelligence to boot. It seems you are not afraid of making a mistake or mis-step. Thank you for drawing all your friends more deeply into the mysteries of life. We can't help but think about the deeper things, the most important things in life...you lead us there



  • "I remember speech classes being very intimidating for the naturally quieter people in class, but my son has not felt intimidated at all. He really likes the class discussions and has had a lot of fun with the creativity of the writing prompts and assignments." 



  • "The teacher, Kevin O'Brien was great!!! A very special thanks to Mr. O'Brien. I hope that he will continue to teach this class so that all rest of my 7 kids may benefit from him. My son thoroughly enjoyed his class.  I really like his focus on the philosopher, Socrates as a great philosopher and orator. He made the class very fun by dressing in costume!! What a GREAT teacher!!" 



  • "The kids are very engaged, the teacher makes the material interesting and fun,  and the kids get to try out their skills during class. The plays chosen are giving a deep and thorough survey of the history of drama even though the kids may not realize that."



  • "Thank you so much for both your time and devotion. Madalyn really enjoyed the class and having you as a teacher. I found the class to be just the right amount of a challenge for her. This was her first live online class and since it went so well, we will definitely look to Homeschool Connections to see if there is a good fit for next year's schedule."



  • "I want to think you so much for being such a great teacher. You were my favorite teacher and your class was my favorite class. I can't wait to take another class with you this fall!  Thank you so much again you made literature my new favorite subject."



  • "Thank you sharing your insights into the world of mystery. Our daughter couldn't say enough about your class.  It was the topic of many conversations at the dinner table.  We really applaud your efforts and stories that were shared.  Thank you and God Bless."



  • "My daughter will definitely miss her drama class.  She loved Mr. O'Brien"